1 - The question most asked is: When will the Rapture occur?
1. Answer: The Bible answers that question by keeping it a secret. Nowhere in the Bible can we find a date for the Rapture. Some people quote Matthew 24:36- “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my father only.” If you read the next verse it says – “But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” These two verses are speaking about the Second Coming of Christ. We must remember when Christ comes back at His Second Coming, it is with his Bride, The Church. Since that is the case, the Rapture has already occurred. Now you have to ask if the Rapture occurs before the Tribulation, which is the Pre-Trib theory? Or, does the Rapture occur at the middle of the Tribulation, which is the Mid-Trib theory? Or, does it occur at the end of the Tribulation, which is the Post-Trib theory? In the coming days I will explain all three theories so you won’t be confused.
2 - The second most popular question is about the Antichrist: Who is he?
2. Answer: At this time we do not know who this man is or where he comes from. I don’t believe he will show up on the world scene until about four or five days after the Rapture. I believe the Devil would like for the world to be in total chaos right after the Rapture. Most people are wondering where two billion people have gone. We must remember that the blood of Christ covers all children who have not reached the age of accountability. At the Rapture, all children will be taken. The Antichrist will sign a peace treaty with the Arab block of nations and with Israel. When that treaty is signed, the Tribulation will begin.
3 - The third most popular question is about the End Times. How do we know that we are living in the Last Days or the End Times?
3. Answer: There are a number of reasons we know we are living in the End Times. The first answer is what Daniel says in chapter 12. Daniel 12:4 – “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” Daniel was commanded to seal the book up until the End Times. Ever since the end of the first century, men have tried to explain the book of Daniel. Everyone failed until Sir Robert Anderson wrote his commentary, The Coming Prince. The Coming Prince opened the book of Daniel so people could understand what Daniel was talking about.
The second reason we know we are living in the last days is because of the rise of technology. Knowledge has increased so fast it is hard to keep up with the different things that are happening. The third reason we know we are living in the last days is because of the countries’ alignment spoken of in the Bible. Ezekiel 38:1 through 6 – “AND the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him. And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses, and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armor, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Cush, and Put with them; all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer, and all its hordes; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all its hordes; and many peoples with thee. Not all of the nations have aligned with Russia at this time, but I believe it is only a matter of time before they combine into this group for the invasion of Israel.
4 - What is the Pre-Trib Theory?
4. Answer: The Pre-Trib Theory is the idea that the Church is Raptured before the seven years of Tribulation. This theory has been around since Paul was alive. He wrote in 1Corinthians 15:51 through 53 – Behold, I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruptible, and this mortal must put on immortality. The other classic verses are 1 Thessalonians 4:15 through 17 – For this we say unto you by the word of the LORD, that we who are alive and remain unto the coming of the LORD shall not precede them who are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the air; and so shall we ever be with the LORD.
Many unbelievers say the Rapture Theory has only been around for about 150 years. They say that J. N. Darby is the grandfather of this theory. That idea is a lie. Like I just stated, Paul wrote about the Rapture in the first century and, every century since then, there have been men teaching about the Rapture of the Church.
There are three reasons we believe the Church will not go into the Tribulation. The first reason can be found in Jeremiah 30:7 – Alas! For that day is great, so that none is like it; it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble, but he shall be saved out of it. The seven year tribulation is either for the Church or for Israel. The seven years cannot be for both the Church and for Israel, which one is it? In the verse I wrote down, the Bible makes it perfectly clear the seven years of tribulation is for Jacob. Now, look at what occurred in Genesis 35:10 – And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. The seven year tribulation is for Israel not the Church. The seventh week of Daniel is the last week of the Law. The dispensation of the Law and the dispensation of Grace do not overlap. Some people believe the dispensation of the Law ended when Jesus was crucified and others believe the dispensation ended on the Day of Pentecost just before the Age of Grace started.
Another reason the Church is not in the Tribulation is The Church cannot be found in Revelation between chapter 4 and chapter 22. That means it was Raptured before chapter 4. If not, where did the Church go or what happened to her? If the Church is on earth during that time, why did the Holy Spirit not mention her?
The third reason the Church is not in the Tribulation is because she is the Bride. What bride groom will let his bride get beat up and be on the verge of death? Christ is the groom and He will not allow that to happen to his bride.
5 - What is the Mid-Trib Theory?
5. Answer: The Mid-Trib Theory is the idea that the Church will go through the first half of the Tribulation. This is a relatively new theory that has been around since 1950. The reason it has become popular is because those believers say they have scripture to back up their idea. The scripture they use can be found in the second chapter of 2 Thessalonians. Verses 3 through 8 are the verses they say prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Rapture occurs when the Antichrist goes into the temple and proclaims himself to be God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 through 8 – Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall not come, except there come the falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he, as God, sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Remember ye not that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what restraineth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work; only he who now hindereth will continue to hinder until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that wicked one be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming. Those believers say when the Antichrist sits on the Throne of God, the Rapture occurs at that very second. Now the whole world does not have to wonder who the Antichrist is, he has now been revealed.
6 - What is the Post-Trib Theory?
6. Answer: The Post-Trib Theory is the idea that the Church goes completely through the Tribulation. This theory was the most popular theory about a hundred and fifty years ago. The reason people believed this theory was because they thought that the Bible taught it. Their key chapter was the 24th chapter of Matthew. Back around 1850, the idea of the rapture was new to a large number of believers in the world. Don’t get me wrong, there were great Bible Scholars teaching about the Rapture, but to most believers, it was something new. What the vast majority of preachers were teaching was a new theory about Matthew 24.
If you read chapter 24 of Matthew, you notice in verse 3 the disciples came to Jesus and asked what the sign of His coming would be and of the end of the age. We have no idea what Jesus told them previous to their concerns about his second coming or the end of the age. Jesus then explains what will happen before the end of the age. If the disciples did not realize that Jesus was talking about the end of the age, they certainly knew what he was talking about when he quoted Daniel. In verse 15, Jesus says, “When ye, therefore, shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whosoever readeth, let him understand). Later in the chapter in verse 21 Jesus gives us a new word and that word translates to Great Tribulation. Verse 21- For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
What preachers thought was that the Church went into the Tribulation. As they continued to read the chapter in verse 21, it spoke about the Great Tribulation which was the mid-point of the tribulation. As they continued to read further in the chapter, they reached verse 40 and 41. Those verses speak about two in the field; one will be taken the other left. Two will be grinding at the mill, one will be taken and the other left. Those preachers thought for sure this was the Rapture and, because they were at the end of the Tribulation, the Church would have to go completely through the Tribulation. I have talked to different people who believe the Post-Trib Theory and I have one question that none of them can answer. The question is: Who goes into the Millenium?
We need to remember their theory is that the Church goes completely through the Tribulation and, at the end of the Tribulation, Christ will Rapture his Church or Bride. The Church goes straight up and then they come straight down. This theory in Bible College is called the yo-yo theory, because you go up to come down. We also have to remember that a person must accept Christ during the Tribulation in order to go into the Millenium. If the Rapture occurs at the end of the Tribulation, that means there are no saved people on earth during the three or four seconds it takes to go up and come back down. Since there are no saved people on earth at that time, how can anyone get saved in order to go into the Millenium? People I have talked with and asked that question are bewildered and they have no answer. Most say I don’t have an answer, but I believe it anyway.
7 - Does the Tribulation begin immediately after the Rapture?
7. Answer: No! The best way to determine the number of days from the Rapture to the beginning of the Tribulation is to see what the prophet Daniel has to say. In chapter 12 the Holy Spirit told Daniel how long it would be from the Abomination of Desolation until the end of the Tribulation, which is 1290 days. The Holy Spirit informed Daniel those that make it to the 1335th day would be blessed. What is that 45 day lull period? The 45 day lull is the Judgment of the Nations. When Christ goes into Jerusalem to start his reign on earth He must judge all those people who made it completely through the Tribulation. Those people who did not accept Christ will be cast into the Compartment of Torment in Hades to await the Great White Throne Judgment. The rest of the people, all who accepted Christ, will get to enter the Millennium. Daniel 12:11 and 12 – And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
Because there is a forty five day lull period at the end of the Tribulation, I believe there will be a forty five day lull period at the beginning of the Tribulation. We must remember when the Rapture occurs the Devil would like for there to be total chaos in the world. If the Antichrist and the False Prophet do not show up for four or five days, there will be chaos. Once the Antichrist does show up, he has a very big job to do in order for the Tribulation to begin. The Antichrist has to bring peace to the entire world which includes the Middle East. The Arab block of nations will have some demands as will Israel. Some of the demands from the Arab block will be that Israel must give up all her weapons of war. Another demand will be that Israel must stop the use of nuclear weapons. Oh, I forgot to tell you of the war when the Rapture occurred. When the Rapture occurred, different Arab countries knew the protector of Israel had always been the United States. When the Rapture occurs, all the Christians in the United States are gone and with them being gone, what better time to attack Israel. When those Arab countries attack Israel, Israel will use her nuclear weapons to defend herself. I believe Israel will use her nuclear weapons on the major cities in every Arab country that is attacking. Zechariah 14:12 – And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will smite all the peoples that have fought against Jerusalem: their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
What are some of the demands Israel will want for peace? One point is a seven year peace treaty. With this peace treaty, the European Common Market promises to place a quarter or a half million soldiers in Israel, in order to protect them from any Arab attack. Another point in the treaty will be the idea of a Temple for the Jews. We know there has to be a Temple, because the Antichrist, at the middle of the Tribulation, will go into the Temple and proclaim he is God. One point the Antichrist will want is a day of Jubilee. The Antichrist will talk with some of the old Jewish men and they will tell him of the Year of Jubilee. During that time, all debts are forgiven and all people that were slaves were given their freedom. I believe when the Antichrist hears of the Year of Jubilee, he will know that is the best way for the world to recover from the loss of those people who disappeared. The day before the treaty is signed everyone in the world is in debt along with every company and nation. The next morning, the Day of Jubilee will begin and every person, company and nation is totally out of debt. Think of what would happen if that idea would occur right now? A little later that day, the Antichrist will sign the peace treaty with the Arab Block of nations and with Israel. When the Antichrist signs his name, the Tribulation will begin. Daniel 9:27 – And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week; and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
8 - What is the Great White Throne Judgment?
8. Answer: The Great White Throne Judgment is the time when Jesus will judge every person who did not accept Him as their personal savior. When each person stands before Christ, I believe they will see their life and they will see each and every time someone witnessed to them. I believe that person will also see the reason they failed to accept. Jesus will ask an angel to open the Book of Life in order to see if that person had their name written in it. The angel will tell Jesus that person’s name cannot be found. Another book will be opened and it will show how much light that person had all of their life. Jesus will command another angel to take that person to the pit and drop them in. The degree of punishment will determine how much light that person had. What we must remember is that this punishment is for eternity. That idea of being separated from Christ for eternity is unthinkable. Revelation 20:11 through 15 – And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and hades delivered up the dead that were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
9 - Since there is a judgment for unbelievers, is there a judgment for Christians?
9. Answer: Yes! Throughout the Bible there is one judgment after another. The judgment for Christians is called The Judgment Seat of Christ. When the Rapture occurs, all Christians go to Heaven and, for the next 45 days, I believe we Christians will be touring Heaven. When the Tribulation on earth starts, I believe that is the time we Christians will stand before Christ and have our lives examined at the Judgment Seat of Christ. For the things that are good and worthy, we will receive a reward and the things that are not worthy (done in the flesh) will be burned up. There are five crowns a person can receive. One crown is the Incorruptible Crown and that is found in 1 Corinthians 9:25. Another is 1 Peter 5:4 which is the Crown of Glory or the Shepherd’s Crown. And yet another is the Crown of Rejoicing which is found in 1 Thessalonians 2:19. The fourth crown is the Crown of Righteousness and it can be found in 2 Timothy 4:8. The last crown is the Crown of Life which is in James 1:12. After the Judgment Seat of Christ, we will take our crowns and place them at the feet of Christ. I believe this judgment will last for three and a half years, earth time. 2 Corinthians 5:10 – For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
10 - What makes Christ the perfect sacrifice?
10. Answer: The reason He is the perfect sacrifice is because He is sinless. Back in the beginning, Adam and Eve sinned. It was at that time that sin entered the world. When Cain was born, and every person after him was born, the sinful blood of Adam was passed on to every person. The only person who was born into the world without a human father was Christ. If Christ does not have an earthly father, then He does not have sinful blood. If doctors could have performed a DNA test on Christ, they would not find a male match in the whole world. Matthew 1:20 through 23 – But while he thought on these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary, thy wife; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which, being interpreted, is God with us.
11 - Why do Christians say a lot of good people are going to go to Hell? People will say, “I believe in God and I am not as bad as a lot of other people. I keep the Ten Commandments and I treat people well, so am I going to go to Hell?”
11. Answer: Yes, unless you accept Christ. The Bible says a person must accept Jesus as their personal savior if they want to go to Heaven. There is not one thing a person can do to merit salvation other than accepting Christ. The Bible says it is a free gift and all you have to do is to accept it. Ephesians 2: 8 and 9 – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, least any man should boast.
12 - If a person accepts the number 666 during the Tribulation, can they still accept Christ as their personal savior?
12. Answer: No! At the middle of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will enter the Temple and sit on the Throne of God and proclaim he is God. At that very moment, the Antichrist will put out a degree that if you want to buy, sell, keep your job, or to have any transactions of any sort, you must accept his number, 666. The third commandment says: Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Revelation 13:16 through 18 – And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and enslaved, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads, And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six. Revelation 19:20 – And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Revelation 20:4 – And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
13 - Can a person lose their Salvation?
13. Answer: NO!!! There are two main reasons we cannot lose our salvation. The first reason is because we have been sealed. Once we are sealed by the Holy Spirit we are saved for eternity. The Holy Spirit cannot and will not remove the seal from our foreheads. II Corinthians 2:21 and 22 – Now he who establisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God, Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts. Ephesians 1:13 – In whom ye also trusted, after ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.
The second reason we cannot lose our salvation is because we have been placed or baptized into the Body of Christ. I Corinthians 12:13 – For by one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Greeks, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Once we have been placed or baptized into the Body, because we accepted, Christ then comes and dwells within our hearts. Ephesians 3:17 through 19 - That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend, with all saints, what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height, And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. If we could lose our salvation, there is only one way to get it back and that would be to crucify Christ a second time. Christ was crucified once for the sins of the whole world, not two or three times, only once. Many people think that since they have sinned, they have lost their salvation. That is not true. Once a person sins, they do not lose their salvation, they have lost their fellowship with Christ. The only way to get it back is by confessing their sin. Once they confess their sin, they are back in fellowship.
14 - What are the different ideas about the two prophets of God who show up during the Tribulation?
14. Answer: First, we need to figure out who those two men are.
One theory is that they are Moses and Elijah. One reason some teachers believe one of the men is Moses is because of the same miracles that Moses performed while the children were in Egypt is the same that one of the prophets of God will perform during the Tribulation. The reason Elijah has been chosen by teachers and scholars is because he never died.
The other theory is that the prophets are the only two men in the history of the earth who never experienced death. Those two men are Enoch and Elijah.
Second we need to define the time line for those two men.
The first theory that many teachers and scholars believe is that the two prophets show up during the first half of the Tribulation. The reason many of these men believe that theory is because it kind of fits together. However, we must remember that the first half of the Tribulation is going to be mild compared to the second half.
The second theory is that the two prophets show up on earth about one year and nine months into the Tribulation. They say the last year and nine months of the first half of the Tribulation is when the seven seals are opened and God’s judgment starts. They believe the two prophets of God will be killed by the Antichrist one year and nine months into the second half of the Tribulation.
The third theory is the one that most Bible Scholars and Prophecy Teachers believe. They believe the two prophets show up immediately after the Antichrist goes into the temple and proclaims himself to be God. The Antichrist and the False Prophet will be confronted on the temple mount by the true prophets of God. The Antichrist will make a statement that he is God and they are not his prophets. He will say something like, “If you are true prophets, show me a miracle or do something that would prove what you say.” One of God’s prophets will say that, during their ministry of 1260 days, it will not rain on earth. Revelation 11:6 – These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy; and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. What the prophet is saying is that the earth will experience a three and a half year drought. Revelation 11:3 – And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. When the two prophets’ ministry is over, there will still be thirty days left of the Tribulation. Daniel 12:11 – And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, (this is the middle of the tribulation) there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. (1290).
During that period of time, people will see the judgments of God. Let’s look at some of the different judgments from God. Revelation 6:8 – And I looked and, behold, a pale horse, and his name that sat on the fourth part of the earth, to him was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. After the Rapture, if there are 8 billion people left on earth, 2 billion would suffer death.
Another judgment is found in Revelation 8:7 – The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mixed with blood, and they were cast upon the earth; and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. Can you imagine what earth will be like with all the green grass burnt up? What are the animals on earth going to eat?
Continue to read the rest of Revelation chapter 8 chapter 9. The second half of the Tribulation will be so terrible, because of the three and a half year drought, that men will seek death, but they cannot commit suicide. Revelation 9:6 – And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
During this period of time, the sun will almost become a Nova Star. In order for the sun to become a Nova Star, it has to be seven times hotter than normal. Revelation 16:8 and 9 – And the fourth angel poured out his bowl upon the sun, and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, who hath power over these plagues; and they repented not to give him glory. The last verse I will give tells about the Euphrates River being dried up. Remember this can only happen during the drought the two prophets of God foretold about. Revelation 16:12 – And the sixth angel poured out his bowl upon the great river, Euphrates, and its water was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. If the Euphrates River has to be dried up, we are talking about the Battle of Armageddon occurring at the end of the Tribulation. If the two prophets of God show up at the beginning of the Tribulation, that would mean the Battle of Armageddon would occur at the middle of the Tribulation.
15 - How can I be saved if I have committed the unpardonable sin?
15. Answer: Answer: First, we have to understand what the Unpardonable sin is. Most people would say it is rejection. That is not the unpardonable sin. The idea that it was rejection was believed a hundred and fifty years ago by preachers. Once preachers started studying the Word, they found out that the unpardonable sin was different than what they thought. In Matthew 12:31 and 32 – Wherefore, I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven men. And whoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, neither in the age to come. These two verses are saying that all sin will be forgiven, but not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Let’s look at what was occurring in the verses before these two.
In the verses 14 through 28 in Matthew chapter 12, Christ was performing miracles on the Sabbath through the power of the Holy Spirit and when the Pharisees saw the miracles, they said that Christ did it through the power of Beelzebub. When the Pharisees said that, they committed the unpardonable sin. The unpardonable sin is when Christ is accused of doing miracles by the power of Satan rather than the Holy Spirit. Remember these verses were during the Age of the Law and Christ had not died on the cross. The age spoken of in verse 32 was the Dispensation of the Millennium. The reason we know it is the Millennium is because Christ will be on earth again performing miracles. Christ is not on earth during the Age of Grace, therefore, no one can commit the unpardonable sin and lose their salvation during this Age of Grace.